Chapter 5: Preparing Students for Internships
Published: Nov 5, 2021
Contributor: Dick Simpson
License: CC BY NC ND 4.0 license – Allows redistribution but no additions or revisions to content. Forbids commercial use.
Preparing political science students for a successful internship experience involves helping them find an appropriate internship placement, assessing their goals, clarifying expectations, and providing a forum for discussion and reflection that allows them to anticipate issues that could develop during their work experience. A successful internship does not occur by accident. Success requires intentionality and planning on the part of the faculty and flexibility on the part of the student.
Keywords: Internships, Preparing, Field Experience, Internships Courses
- 5.1 Information Needed to Build an Internship Database Link opens in a new tab.
- 5.1 Readings for Interns Link opens in a new tab.
- Career Readiness Assessment Tool Link opens in a new tab.
- Political Science Internships - Chapter 5: Preparing Students for Internships Link opens in a new tab.
- Political Science Internships: Towards Best Practices - View all Chapters & Resources Here Link opens in a new tab.
View all comments