Educate is an online library for political science teaching and learning materials. All materials on Educate are open resources and available without charge.
- Access a broad range of high-quality political science teaching and learning materials including syllabi, in-class activities, simulations, writing assignments, civic engagement tools, and more!
- Save favorite resources to your personal teaching resource library.
- Learn from and share with colleagues through blog posts – featuring member-driven conversations around political science education.
- Ask questions, discuss modifications to and experiences with resources via comments.
- Recommend a colleague whose teaching should be showcased.
Educate is part of APSA’s Centennial Center for Political Science and Public Affairs and has been shaped by the efforts of many APSA members. These include members of APSA President Jennifer Hochschild’s 2017 Task Force on Technological Innovation in Political Science, who formally proposed APSA build and maintain a central teaching and learning platform. Building on this foundation, Educate was developed by APSA President Rogers Smith’s 2018-2019 Task Force on New Partnerships.
Educate is made possible thanks to the generous support of the Ivywood Foundation.
Founded in 1903, the American Political Science Association (APSA) is the leading professional organization for the study of political science and serves more than 11,000 members in more than 100 countries. With a range of programs and services for individuals, departments, and institutions, APSA brings together political scientists from all fields of inquiry, regions, and occupational endeavors within and outside academe to deepen our understanding of politics, democracy, and citizenship throughout the world.
The Association promotes a lively, diverse community of scholars, teachers, students, and practitioners who bring wide-ranging interests, methodologies, and perspectives to the analysis and conduct of government and politics. The Association disseminates information, facilitates collaboration among its members, and publicizes research findings on important theoretical and political issues, and publishes a variety of materials relevant to the discipline. It enhances the capacity of political scientists to conduct research, improve teaching, develop professionally, and communicate their ideas within the discipline and to the wider public. The Association is committed to transparency, open enquiry, scholarly pluralism, high standards of ethics and integrity, and a global perspective.
Learn about the benefits of becoming an APSA member today. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.